This will be the first post of many, in my monthly favourites series.
1. Cathy Van Zeeland Purse: This purse is a white, faux leather, studded purse that I got at the winners in Ottawa a few years back. It can hold quite a few necessities in it. This is the purse I’ve using lately. It can be worn with one strap or doubled up, like the Chanel 2.55 purses. It has two pockets in it, perfect for storing my cell phone and various cards. It has a striped, mustard yellow and olive green interior. There is a zippered pocket on the inside and outside. It closes with a metal snap button. I’d definitely recommend checking out the Cathy Van Zeeland brand and/or your local winners.
2. Neutrogena All-In-One Make-Up Removing Cleansing Wipes: These are decent on my sensitive skin, and remove my face and eye makeup fairly well, apart from my mascara. They are sold in bulk at Costco. I prefer these to the Kirkland Signature makeup removing wipes, as those sting my eyes and irritate my skin. They are really cheap though.
3. Olay Regenerist micro-sculpting serum: This is a serum I use as a primer. It smells like Tresemme hair products. It sinks into my skin quickly. It also has some decent anti aging products, which I guess are more preventative in my case. It comes with a pump built in, which I generally prefer for any liquid skincare and makeup. Costco did sell this serum, but I’m not sure if they still do.
3. Revlon Colorburst Lipglosses in fire and sunset peach: These are a rediscovered product for me.These are super highly pigmented, especially for lip glosses. They work well on their own, or over a lipliner or lipstick. I have two, one in sunset peach, a shimmery peach shade, and fire, a bright yellow based red. These look like super glossy lipsticks. The darker shades are more opaque, but all of them have very even coverage. These have a really nice, wide doe foot applicator, and one swipe of gloss is plenty. You don’t even have to dip back into the tube. I got mine at London Drugs on sale.
4. Almay intense i-color powder shadow for blue eyes: This is another rediscovered product of mine. This is one of the highest pigmented drugstore eyeshadow palettes I have tried, and I have tried many. These go on smooth, and take little effort to blend. This particular one comes with a light blue shade, a dark blue shade, and a burgundy shade. These are a great starter palette for anyone new to makeup. You can find these at most drugstores.
5. Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal 24 hr Eyeshadow By Eyestudio in barely branded: This is a limited edition cream eyeshadow that keeps getting repromoted in new collections. It is a champagne shade with a sheen to it. It works great as an eyeshadow base, for lighting, or all over the lid. They are often compared to the Mac paint pots, which I am yet to try. These range from $2 to $10, depending where you shop. They can be found at most drugstores. These are a great staple for any beauty lover.
6. Nars Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Empire: This shadow pencil, which I use as an eyeliner on my lower lash line, glides on smooth, and leaves a nice pigmented line. The one issue with these, is that they fade within an hour or two. But then, I just have a smokey eye look afterwards. This is my favourite eyeliner just because it is so easy to apply.
7. Nars blush in Orgasm: This is a cult favourite in the beauty world. It looks good on so many people. It is a peachy pink shade with micro glitter in it, though on the face it just shimmers. It doesn’t emphasize pores, and lasts for hours. It is subtle, but very buildable. I absolutely adore the Nars signature rubberized, matte packaging. It comes with a built in mirror, which is handy for touch-ups on the go. I wear this blush almost every day. I got it at Sephora, and you can also find Nars products at The Bay.
8. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Fire and Ice: This is a classic,, bright, yellow based, red lipstick. This lipstick came out in 1952. It is iconic, and classic in style. It is highly pigmented, as are most of the revlon creme lipsticks in the super lustrous formula. Revlon makes amazing red lipsticks. I highly recommend their matte lipstick in really red, which is a decent dupe for Mac’s ruby woo, but a bit less matte and less drying. This is a staple for those who love red lipsticks.
9. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette: This is my first Urban Decay palette, and it has become my hg (holy grail). It is so versatile, full of rose golds and bronzey shades. Some of the shades have some fallout. I highly recommend it for those looking for a versatile palette. It works amazing for night and day looks, with a range of dark and light, shimmer, glitter, metallic, and matte shades. The palette is a rose gold looking tin, with a built in mirror. it even comes with an incredible double ended brush. I usually don’t like dual ended brushes, but this is the exception. It is a fluffy, blending brush on one end, and a small, shader brush on the other. These shadows ar buttery smooth, and super pigmented. I bought this at Sephora during a beauty insider sale.
10. Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light: This is my current favourite standalone powder, and finishing powder. It is lightweight, and feels soft to the touch. It definitely has some fallout. I wear it over my olay serum, or on top of my foundation. It feels nice on my skin, and doesn’t emphasize my pores. It is lasting me so long, and I can’t wait to buy another with the new packaging as it now includes a mirror, and mine is just a mirrorless compact.
11. Ardene’s flower patterned headbands: I have been really getting into headbands lately. Most exacerbate my chronic migraines, but these I can wear for a fair bit of the day before I have to take them off. They have cute bows attached to the. I bought them at Ardene’s on sale. They are very cheap on sale, under $1 each. I love how cute they are, and the femme in me loves flowers.
12. Ardell Brow Defining Kit Palette: I got this brow kit at Marshall’s on sale, but London Drugs also sells them. The kit comes with a wax pencil and a dual ended, angled and spoolie brush, but I’ve mostly been using the palette. It’s packaging is very similar to revlon palettes, with where the mirror is place and styled inside of it. It comes with a mini angled brow brush. It contains a light, cocoa coloured matte brown shade, a sparkly black shade, a matte chocolate brown shade, and a highlighting, sparkly shade. I mostly use the cocoa shade. It works perfectly with my brows, emphasizing them just the right amount.
Well, I hope you enjoyed my June favourites. Tell me your favourites in the comments.
Please like, subscribe, comment, and share.
My facebook page, youtube channel, and instagram links are below:
Any opinions of mine are my own. They are not influenced by any company, advertiser, or affiliate. If I am given a product to review, or am paid for affiliate links, those will be clearly marked.